Sunday, September 28, 2008

North To Alaska






Kodie and I along with my mom, Karen. Had a wonderful time on our 7 day cruise adventure to Alaska. The only concern I had was if Kodie would be able to participate in the Ocean Adventure Program. All the documentation stated they had to be potty trained, due to Kodie's disAbilites she is not potty trained. So one of my first orders of business was to find out, if she could and if they had to follow ADA guidelines. The great news...was yes, I had to sign a form and was given a pager. Kodie had a wonderful time and loved going to the Club Ocean. The ports of call were wonderful and I will do each of those as a new post...so keep checking back in the next couple of weeks as I work on them. So here are a few pictures of Seattle and Kodie with "Little John", the head guy that runs the Ocean Adventure Program. Kodie really like Little John and actually all the other workers. There were not many kids on the cruise...they stated that there were 30 kids total. Kodie made many friends and one little boy, that Kolby, that was always excited to see Kodie arrive to Club Ocean.
We had a great group of people that we dined with each evening. It was such fun getting to know, Simon and Pamela from Texas, The s lovely ladies all originally from England, although two of them, sisters Joyce and Iris now reside in California and Pam is their friend, who still lives in England. We had a great time.

1 comment:

Renna said...

I'm so glad Kodie got to participate in the kids program. God's good to work things like that out!