This was our first full day and was a cruising at sea day as we headed the some 1000 miles to Juneau. It was a wonderful day...the seas were calm, the sun was shining. In fact according to the Cruise Director..this was the best Day Two at sea they had had the entire season. Kodie spent most of her day at Adventure Ocean. The morning theme was Super Heroes, she made a cape. Then it was lunch with Mom and Grandma. Then it was back to Adventure Ocean for an Magical Afternoon..she made a wishing wand. The it was dinner and the evening spent together.
Now as for mom and I, we spent some time laying on deck, the casino and the hot tub, it was quite hot, we opted for the indoor solarium one...about 15 minutes was all one could really handle. I spent some time walking around the ship looking at the different things. We did go shopping...as everything with Alaska on it was 75% off. There were some things I thought about getting and didn't...and should have..as they sold out within a couple of days. I got some great pictures of the ship, sea and the show. The show this night was called Piano Man. This group of singers and dancers were just fantastic.
I have to share a story about this day. After dinner, we attended the Welcome Aboard, to those who had cruised with Royal before, which I had not, but my mom had and she could bring guests. So it was standard meet the crew, Welcome by the Captain, food, drinks, and slide show of the new Oasis Line. (WOW!!!). Now back to the story, we were leaving and there was the greeting line. Kodie runs up the Captain...saying "more play...more play". (me I have this look of oh no...the times when you are not sure you want to claim the child..:0). He then says Hello Kodie how are you doing? He then explains that they had met earlier in the day, when he took his daughter up to Adventure Ocean to play and he stayed and played for a short time. So I guess Kodie enjoyed playing with him.

2 comments:
Ah, it sounds like the vacation of a lifetime. That was a sweet story about Kodie speaking with the captain! :-)
What gorgeous photos! I can only imagine the fun!
MarilynM
Post a Comment