Well we finally have snow...that has lasted for more then a few hours and is actually enough to play in. The routine of having the cars down at the market and the truck with the chains on it to get us from the market to the house has began. Norm had one of his fellow co workers pick him up this morning. So I didn't have to drive him in. He hates the snow...or driving in it. I love the snow and would love to get a nice blizzard and have to stay in for a few days. I get alot more down around the house when I am forced to stay home and events get canceled because of the snow. This area doesn't get too much snowfall and they simply to not have enough equipment to keep up with it.
Last night, about midnight I put on my jacket and went outside. It was so beautiful. Large snowflakes against a black sky. The quiet of sounds of the mountains. The undisturbed snow covering the road. I should have tried to take pictures last night.
Here are some pictures from this afternoon. The snow is kinda of deceiving. Last night we had the soft big fluffy flakes and had 4 inches. Today we have had the mix...from soft snow to wet snow. The wet snow arrived first, so it made the snow sink down, to the heavy wet look.

3 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed your snow. You can have ours up here in Michigan if you need more. :)
I'll be delighted to share our snow with you, too--folks around here are getting pretty tired of clearing away the seemingly never-ending snow we've been getting this winter.
You have about the same amount of snow we got this year. It's 55 and sunny here today, though.
Post a Comment