With Zion I have decided to break it down by hikes. This place is amazing. We only had one day to spend here. I would go back in a heart beat and spend 3-4 days there easily. There are so many trails to hike. This was the first hike we opted to take...in the heat of the day..it was 104 degrees that day. I would recommend doing this hike in the late afternoon when it is cooler, as most of it is in the sun. The pools are not the kind you can swim in and cool off in. At one point we got to where you had the option of heading to the middle pool or taking the 0.3 trail up and back to the upper pool. We opted to do this...oh my..it was quite the challenge. NOTE: Read the trail guide book first...we read it once we got to the upper pool. It stated " trail no longer maintained by USFS, sections may be considered strenuous". Hey we did it and view was well worth the hike.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Zion Canyon Emerald Pools Hike
With Zion I have decided to break it down by hikes. This place is amazing. We only had one day to spend here. I would go back in a heart beat and spend 3-4 days there easily. There are so many trails to hike. This was the first hike we opted to take...in the heat of the day..it was 104 degrees that day. I would recommend doing this hike in the late afternoon when it is cooler, as most of it is in the sun. The pools are not the kind you can swim in and cool off in. At one point we got to where you had the option of heading to the middle pool or taking the 0.3 trail up and back to the upper pool. We opted to do this...oh my..it was quite the challenge. NOTE: Read the trail guide book first...we read it once we got to the upper pool. It stated " trail no longer maintained by USFS, sections may be considered strenuous". Hey we did it and view was well worth the hike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like a great trip and the pools are so incredible. Thank you for sharing the pics
I have a follower that leaves comments...eek...I will have to work better on keeping this up now...yeah right...LOL
Post a Comment