Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Vacation #1




I was thinking..there is no way I can make one post about our spur of the moment mini-vacation/camping trip. You see on the weekend prior to the 4th..it dawned on me that the 4th was a Friday...3 day weekend...then wait Norm would have the 3rd off...so now we are at a 4 day weekend. So then...I was like we should go camping and not here. I mean go somewhere else..see a different part of the state. So I spent the weekend searching the internet for a campground..we had settled in on going to the Leavenworth area. I wanted to be on the sunny side of the state....NOT the west side of the Cascades. Well duh it was 4th of July weekend..not a campground with sites available. So I decide to call them on Monday afternoon. The first one I called..had a cancellation that morning...so we were set. I planned the menu, went shopping and managed to get us ready to go Thursday morning..via the RV lot. We had some warranty work done and some parts that still had to be installed. We spent the first hour in the RV place...and it has a small shopping area....remind me to never take DH into Camping World Store. He managed to spend enough there..a new Patriotic mat, to go with the new Flag lites. (Like the red, white and blue ones I already had were not good enough). We finally get back on the road and head over Stevens Pass. We arrived at Blu-Shastin RV Park and we were directed to our wonderful site. We enjoyed the first evening just hanging out..the kids went swimming and then we had Tacos and chips for dinner and smores for dessert. Here are pictures of our site and the cool field that greeted us as we turned into the park.

1 comment:

Renna said...

Don't you just love it when a spontaneous plan works out so great? That's a beautiful area, and I LOVE your rv!